Prize Pick Up Information / Basic Contest Rules
Prizes may be claimed at the NewSong FM offices Monday through Friday 10am-4pm.
Tickets and other prizes, which may be limited by date or time of use, are the responsibility of the winner to claim, prior to their expiration.
THE FOLLOWING ARE BASIC CONTEST RULES FOR ANY AND ALL CONTESTS CONDUCTED ON THE AIR ON NEWSONG FM, AND ON THIS WEB SITE. EACH CONTEST MAY HAVE IT’S OWN SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND ELIGIBILITY RULES, IN WHICH CASE A SEPARATE ADDITION TO THESE RULES WILL BE AVAILABLE.
For a copy of specific rules, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with the name of the contest to:
PO Box 96
Saint John, NB E2L 3X1
1. All NewSong FM, contests are open to any listener within our listening area, unless specific age is required by type of contest, participating agency or advertiser or by law.
2. Only one qualifier or winner per family within a 30-day period. In the event a winner cannot or does not pick up a prize for whatever reason, that winner remains ineligible for the 30-day period.
3. Winners may be required to sign a release, and all winners agree to allow NewSong FM, to use their name and/or likeness for promotional purposes without further compensation. Calls coming in to NewSong FM may be taped and/or aired on NewSong FM without further approval.
4. NewSong FM is not responsible for problems occurring within the telephone system, which either inhibit or increase the chances of winning a phone-in contest. In the event two or more phone lines are “tied together” during a phone in contest, the entire call and all callers tied together will be disqualified and another caller will be taken. NewSong FMcannot award duplicate prizes to all parties in a “tied together” situation. In case of telephone line malfunctions, the decision of NewSong FM will be final.
5. Employees and agents of NewSong FM, NewSong Communications Limited, and their families, their advertising agencies or representatives are ineligible to enter contests on NewSong FM.
6. Winners may not request substitution or other consideration from the originally awarded prize. All prizes, unless otherwise stated, must be picked up in person, and signed for by the winner at the NewSong FM offices any weekday, between 9am and 5pm, within 30 days of winning. Holidays and weekends are included in this 30-day period. Designated winner’s representatives will be allowed to claim prizes, provided prior arrangements have been made. If prizes are not picked up within the stated period, the winner waives their rights to the prize and said prize becomes the possession of NewSong FM and may be awarded to another listener at NewSong FM discretion. NewSong FM will not note winners of time remaining on prizes to be picked up. It is solely the winners’ responsibility to claim their prize within the time limit specified. No prizes will be mailed unless specified during contest or if special arrangements have been made.
7. Prizes are non-transferable.
8. NewSong FM reserves the right to revoke prizes if the winner does not meet any or all eligibility requirements, even though an announcement may have been made on the air indicating that person was the winner.
9. NewSong FM may, due to the unavailability of prizes awarded, substitute another prize of equal or greater value for the prize originally won. NewSong FM will not be responsible, or held liable for prizes awarded to an event that is canceled due to circumstances beyond our control.
10. With respect to any disputes regarding contests, the decision of NewSong FM management will be final.
11. NewSong FM, it’s agency, and representatives shall not be liable or responsible for any claim injury or damage arising from any contest or prize awarded in a contest.
12. All contest entries become the property of NewSong FM, which may withhold any or all contest materials for any reason station management deems crucial to the completion of the contest, or for reasons relating to publicity and/or advertising.
13. Unless otherwise stated, multiple entries by the same person will be discarded and may be deemed cause for disqualification.
14. These rules are subject to change without notice.